EP-BBM-FM Executive Programme in Financial Management (MOOC)
Fee : RM 3,000
More than just balance sheets, the programme will give you a foundation in business, emphasising financial accounting and financial management, essentials that will boost your employment profile.
Take the first step towards a successful career in Finance with SEGi University's Executive Programme in Financial Management. Within a short six months, the programme will teach you to manage your financial resources both personally and within your business plan. For more information about this programme, how you can claim for HRDF and attain an accredited degree with a 30% credit transfer via APEL C, please contact [email protected] or call +603-6145 1788.
SEGi's Executive Programme in Financial Management will prepare you with the fundamentals of analytical skills in business, economics, accounting and finance.
|Common Subjects||Specialized Subjects|
This course will provide students with an understanding of the roles of managers, organizational environment and management strategies by which businesses are organized and managed in modern society. They will demonstrate competency by analyzing management functions, information system, quality, and culture that contribute to the achievement of organizational goals.
- Explain and understand the roles of manager, functions of organization, ethics and environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge on business planning and organizing.
- Understand and formulate business strategies: in relation to human behavior, management style and leadership, marketing, human resource management, finance, information technology, organization culture and business ethics.
Personal Development & Communication Skills
To provide and develop skills necessary for success in both personal growth and work environments.
- Apply learning techniques and self-managed skills
- Analyze process of communication and organizational skills to apply within business context.
- Evaluate and effectively handle information and various situations.
- Create and deliver professional writing and presentation skills.
Principles of Economics
This module is designed to introduce learners to the fundamentals of economics by exposing them to the principal theories and models used by economists. It demonstrates how economics can be used by individuals and businesses alike to assess problems and develop solutions. It also examines the wider macroeconomic environment and the principles underlying monetary and fiscal policy.
- Describe the basic problems of economic systems and demand and supply analysis.
- Construct logical arguments based on economics principles based on the costs, market structure and welfare economics based on real economics problems.
- Demonstrate the roles of government intervention and impacts of government policies on economics, social and business affairs.
- Examine the national income, business cycle, inflation and unemployment implications towards an economy.
Financial Accounting 1
This module is intended to provide participants with an introductory framework of financial accounting based on the need to develop the knowledge and understanding of the operational aspects of financial control systems.
- Course Outcomes
- Accounting concepts and principles (MFRS 1010/IAS1)
- Accounting standards and equation (MFRS 1010/IAS 1)
- The use of double entry and accounting systems (MFRS101/IAS1)
- Recording transactions and events (MFRS102/IAS1)
- Preparing trial balance (MFRS101/IAS1)
- Preparing a Basic Financial Statements (MFRS101/IAS1)
- Year end/ Closing adjustments
This module is intended to provide knowledge and skills in understanding and applying accounting standards and the theoretical framework in the preparation of financial statements of entities, including groups and how to analyse and interpret those financial statements.
- Accounting principles, concepts and regulatory framework (MFRS101/IAS 1
- Cashflow statement (MFRS107/IAS7)
- Costing System
- Presentation of financial statements for limited liability companies
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- Inventory valuation
This module is intended to provide knowledge and understanding of financial management for analyzing the benefits of various sources of finance and capital investment opportunities.
- Capital structure, expenditure and investment
- Working capital management
- Capital Budgeting
- Risk and return
- Time value of money
- Analysis of Financial Statement
- Financial planning
Anyone can enroll.
After completing the Executive Programme in Financial Management, you will gain the theories and applications knowledge of finance. Further to this, you will also gain a wide range of employment skills such as interpersonal and communication skills, which will be helpful to solve financial problems in an organisation.