EP-BED-ES Executive Programme in Educational Studies (MOOC)
Fee : RM 3,500
The programme seeks to develop educators with current knowledge, skills, attitude, and critical thinking skills in a modern technology-related setting.
Think you might have an interest in shaping the minds of tomorrow's leaders? Take up SEGi University's Executive Programme in Educational Studies as the first step towards becoming an educator. For more information about this programme, how you can claim for HRDF and attain an accredited degree with a 30% credit transfer via APEL C, please contact [email protected] or call +603-6145 1788.
This programme is designed to equip educators with the educational philosophy, pedagogical approaches, educational psychology and new trends in education.
|Common Subjects||Specialized Subjects|
Introduction to Education : Educational Philosophy, History & Policies
- Demonstrate an understanding of various theoretical perspectives and policies, and how these compare, relate and are reflected in current contemporary educational contexts in terms of teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to inquire collaboratively on educational issues.
- Discuss the ethical implications of education theory and its relation to practice.
- Apply theoretical and practical understanding of the early stages of the construction of a personal philosophy of education and of their role as future educators.
- Analyse the application of educational theories, ideas, policies and influences to our education system today.
Communication and Thinking Skills
Communication and thinking skills are essential soft skills required for success in any chosen career. For Teacher Trainees, these skills are even more crucial as they are in the frontline of molding and influencing future generations. Teachers are role models in exemplifying these skills as well as inculcating them into their students.
- State the principles and nature of effective interpersonal communication.
- Describe the various strategies in resolving and managing interpersonal conflicts.
- Discuss problems and issues presented in the classroom using creative and critical thinking strategies.
- Evaluate critically samples of reading, listening and viewing materials provided.
- Demonstrate the ability to write and present effectively based on given topic.
Pedagogy & Diversity
This course aims to develop educators to embrace children, young people and adults who are being forced to change due to influences such as globalization, the increased social and cultural diversity, and change in patterns of wealth and explosion of knowledge demands from educational contexts.
- Define and discuss the diverse backgrounds of students and the implications for teaching and learning in all contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop, modify and implement an inclusive curriculum to meet the specific needs of the individual learners and of groups of learners.
- Critically reflect on issues that relate to diversity and inclusive education through research online and databases.
Technology in Education
This course aims to equip students with the basic knowledge and skills to integrate effectively various technology and media into the teaching and learning process. An overview of the various theories of educational technology, media commonly used and the selection of suitable media in the classroom is discussed, together with their advantages and limitations. Students will be given hands-on experience in producing visual, audio, video and computer-aided instructional materials as well as to demonstrate how they can be integrated into the teaching and learning process. Current and future trends in using instructional technology and media for learning are also discussed.
- Describe the types of technology and media used in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate the basic skills in producing visual, audio, video and computer-aided instructional materials in the classroom.
- Identify appropriate electronic and non-electronic materials for effective teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Demonstrate competency in integrating visual, audio, video and computer technology into the teaching-learning process.
- Explain the role of distance education and online learning in education today.
- Discuss the current and future trends in the use of technology and media in teaching and learning.
All educators should have knowledge of educational psychology to enable them to conduct the process of teaching and learning effectively and meaningfully. When they understand how students learn, they can then plan and implement appropriate teaching strategies and design the learning environment to ensure that optimum learning takes place.
- Discuss the role of educational psychology in promoting effective teaching and learning.
- Compare and contrast the main elements in the behavioural, cognitive and social views of learning.
- Plan effective teaching and learning strategies based on the importance of motivation, anxiety and attitude in the learning process.
Assessment & Evaluation in Education
Students will develop skills in assessment and evaluation in an educational setting, and learn about principles and practices of quality authentic assessment and relate this understanding to the promotion of learning across contexts.
- Demonstrate explicit knowledge and understanding of the concept of assessment and evaluation.
- Apply explicit knowledge, skills and practices that will enable them to assess and report on student learning outcomes.
- Assess and practice appropriate principles to guide assessment and teaching practices.
Guidance & Counseling in Education
Students will develop fundamental skills to both the role of the teacher and the guidance and counselling practitioner.
- Discuss and demonstrate interpersonal relationship skills in establishing, maintaining and terminating a helping relationship.
- Analyze the roles as a teacher and guidance and counselling practitioner.
- Apply standardized and non-standardized assessment tools for counselling in educational settings.
Anyone can enroll.
With the completion of the Executive Programme in Educational Studies, you will be able to plan, execute, assess and manage the teaching and learning process that will ease your transition into an actual teaching environment.