EP-BIT-SE Executive Programme in Software Engineering (MOOC)
Fees : RM 3,500
Gather the fundamentals of computer programming and system design in Software Engineering and level up your career in the field of Information Technology.
Upskill and upgrade with SEGi University's unique and engaging Executive Programme in Software Engineering. Gain the foundational skills to design, develop, operate, analyse, maintain, and manage software in only nine months. For more information about this programme, how you can claim for HRDF, and attain an accredited degree with a 30% credit transfer via APEL C, please contact [email protected] or call +603-6145 1788.
|Common Subjects||Specialized Subjects|
Introduction to Networks
This module provides a thorough understanding of role of networks in modern society. Current trends in network usage will be explored, including the increased demand for bandwidth, the demand for mobile solutions and the bandwidth divide. Network and computer security issues will be explored throughout, as well as relevant protocols and hardware technologies.
- Demonstrate understanding in general concepts and technologies of networking, in the context of both personal and business use.
- Develop an understanding of network design and implementation in a modern networked environment.
Project knowledge in the principles of security management in the context of networks.
System Analysis and Design
This module is concerned with the different aspects to systems analysis and design as well as the stages involved in it. The participant should be able to recognize the main challenges involved with the development of an information system.
- Describe the concept, theories and principles of structured systems planning, analysis and design.
- Analyse user stories and produce requirements documents .
- Formulate set of process models and related logic models for a simple computer-based system using CASE tools
Object Oriented Programming
The objective of this course is to expose the students to make use of an "Interactive Development Environment" (IDE) in the way to create a program or system by applying the OO principle, so that they are able to use the Java SDK environment to create, debug, and run simple Java programs.
- Identify the concepts of object-oriented programming.
- Apply the principles of object-oriented into problem-solving.
- Implement the graphical user interface in application development.
This course is designed to introduce the concept of web development life cycle, practice using the standard development package and languages for designing and developing web application, and apply usability and accessibility for user experience.
- Demonstrate the concept of web development lifecycle to plan and manage a web application project.
- Apply the syntax of mark-up language, style sheets, and web scripting to accepted standard.
- Develop web application while introducing the appropriate legal, social, and ethical professional issues.
Object Oriented Analysis and Design
Student will gain an understanding of the methods, tools and procedures of object oriented design and analysis. Methods covered include a wide range of activities such as project planning, system and software requirements analysis, design, development, configuration management, testing, documentation and maintenance of software. Industry standard system modelling and specification notations will be used throughout the course.
- Describe the concepts, principles and standards of object oriented design.
- Determine business requirements based on requirements techniques and produce functional, structural and behavior modelling.
- Construct object oriented system models using UML diagramming techniques and tools.
Programming for Mobile Devices
This course is designed to introduce student to the mobile computing technology including the development methodology, architecture, terminologies, application design, and coding.
- Identify the concept and methodologies of mobile computing devices.
- Apply the development methodologies to design mobile application.
- Develop the mobile application using mobile development tools.
Information and Cyber Security
This course enables you to develop skills and knowledge in Information and Cyber Security. Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks or Cyberattacks. This course will enable you to prepare a higher level of entrepreneurial and cognitive skills beyond knowledge and understanding and gain hands-on experience configuring various security solutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding and fundamentals of standard administration for information and cyber security environment.
- Select and justify the appropriate information and cyber security techniques used.
- Design and implement a practical solution with the information and cyber security characteristics.
Upon completing the Executive Programme in Software Engineering, you will gain the skills to design, construct, and maintain a computer programme based on user's requirements and develop as a team or individual.