Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Approaches to English Language Teaching and Learning (MEd (Coursework)) **
This course provides opportunities for students to engage in critical discussions on developments and innovations in approaches to language T&L. Students will participate in critical examination and evaluation of various new ESL/EFL teaching and learning approaches in Malaysia and around the world. Students will engage in collaborative learning, reflection, and sharing of ideas and experience to further understand the challenges of future expectations of the language classroom. Students will required to plan, design and execute language lessons based on contemporary approach(es) in TESOL.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the SEGiUniDigital Platform.
- Discuss appropriate approaches to language teaching in a non-native speaking context.
- Design appropriate teaching material and language assessment based on the relevant principles of teaching and learning
- Demonstrate competency in planning and designing a lesson plan based on the learning standards.
- Display competency in executing the lesson plan in a micro-teaching context.
- Master of Education (Coursework)
Upon successful completion of this Master of Education (Coursework) programme and meeting the necessary entry requirements, students will be able to progress into the following programme(s):
- Doctor of Philosophy (Education)
- Language Programme Coordinator
- Language Consultant