Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Group Counselling (BEd)
This module will introduce students to group dynamics and the use of group counselling in the practice of Guidance and Counselling. Students will have the opportunity to deepen their understanding of group processes and develop their group facilitation skills, especially skills in leading a group. In addition learners will develop their student assessment and interpretation skills in order to meaningfully plan, guide and support students through their challenges. It is envisaged that learners will be helped to develop their own career guidance information need.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the SEGiUniDigital Platform.
- What is Group Counselling?
- Group Leadership
- Ethical and Professional Issues in Group Practice
- The Early Stages in the Development of a Group
- Later Stages in the Development of the Group
- Theoretical Approaches
- Comparisons, Contrasts, and Integration
- Practice of Group Counselling
Coursework 1 - 40%
Coursework 2 - 20%
Report - 40%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.