Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Introduction to Children with Special Needs (BEd)
This course aims to provide a foundational knowledge about children with special needs of various categories. For each category, the definition, prevalence, general characteristics and educational needs are discussed. Focus is also given to the impact of disability on families and the importance of working with them in meeting the needs of exceptional children.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the SEGiUniDigital Platform.
- Concept of Children with Special Needs
- Factors contributing to disabilities in children
- Children with Learning Disabilites
- Children with Intellectual Disabilites
- Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Children with Sensory Disabilites (Hearing and Visual impairment)
- Children with Emotional and Behavioural Disabilites
- Children with Physical Disabilities and Cerebral Palsy
- Children who are Gifted and Talented
- Working with families of children with special needs
- Transition to Adulthood
Coursework 1 - 30%
Coursework 2 - 30%
Quiz - 10%
Report - 30%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.