Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Issues & Ethics in the Helping Professions (BEd)
This course will introduce students to principle-based ethical reasoning in handling ethical and other problems faced by the helping professionals. Students will be helped to develop a higher order intellectual skill in analytical and reflective approach to ethical dilemmas. Case studies of contemporary ethical issues in Guidance and Counselling practice will be used to develop students reasoning.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the SEGiUniDigital Platform.
- An introduction to Professional Ethics
- The Counsellor as a Person / Professional
- Values and the Helping Relationship
- Multicultural Perspectives and Diversity Issues
- Client’s rights and Responsibilities
- Confidentiality: Ethical & Legal Issues
- Managing boundaries and multiple Relationships
- Professional competence and Training
- Issues in Supervision and consultation
- Issues in Theory, Practice and Research
Coursework 1 - 40%
Coursework 2 - 20%
Quiz - 10%
Report - 30%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.