Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Research Methodology (MEd (Coursework)) **
This course introduces students to the practices and methodologies of research in the field of Education. It is designed for novice researchers and centers on the development of a research topic, research objectives and research questions. Students will also be guided to locate research gaps, state the significance of their planned research and write a literature review on their chosen topic. They will also be introduced to fundamental quantitative and qualitative research methodologies including action research. They will be taught that the underpinning principle of education research is continuous improvement in teaching and learning practices and policies using data that is reliable and trustworthy. Last but not least, students will be guided towards producing a research plan for an actionable research study at the end of the course.
** indicates that these programmes will be offered soon
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the SEGiUniDigital Platform.
- Explain the theories and approaches of research in the field of education for application in real-life professional practice.
- Assess the level of risk in the procedures used to collect data from human participants for a planned research study.
- Design data collection and analysis procedures using appropriate quantitative, qualitative or mixed methods for a research study
- Compose a mini research proposal relevant to specialization.
- Master of Education (Coursework)
Upon successful completion of this Master of Education (Coursework) programme and meeting the necessary entry requirements, students will be able to progress into the following programme(s):
- Doctor of Philosophy (Education)
- Educational Researcher