Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Micro-credential certification in Sociology and Development of Children and Adolescents (BEd)
This course gives and overview of the developmental theories, processes and sociology context within the child and the adolescent development. Students will consider and discuss key theories and issues within child and adolescent development. The course has been designed to equip students with the knowledge of child and adolescent development as well as the social contexts within which development occurs. With this knowledge, students of education will become more effective teachers and facilitators because of the strong understanding of how developmental processes and social contexts influences the teaching and learning process.
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the SEGiUniDigital Platform.
- Sociology and Child Development
- Child Development: Physical
- Child Development: Cognitive
- Child Development: Language
- Child Development: Socio-Emotional
- Adolesccent Development: Physical
- Adolesccent Development: Cognitive
- Adolesccent Development: Socio-Emotional
- Sociology of Children & Adolescence: Families
- Sociology of Children & Adolescence: Peers
- Sociology of Children & Adolescence: Schools and Achievement
- Sociology of Children & Adolescence: Culture
Coursework 1 - 30%
Coursework 2 - 30%
Take-home Assignment - 40%
- Bachelor of Education (Honours)
- Master of Education by Research
- Master of Education by Coursework
School leavers who want to get a head start before joining an academic programme or a working adults who want to upskill or learn a specific skill; work with rapidly changing technology; and/or acquire specialised skills sought after by employers.