Flexible Learning That Enhances Your Potential
Master of Financial Planning **
The Master in Financial Planning is for professionals who want to acquire a broad range of financial planning skills. This programme provides students with essential background material such as methodologies, techniques, and tools in systems analysis and design, business and financial planning alignment, and requirement analysis. They will be equipped with all the skills and knowledge needed to support business financial planning analysis.
The objectives of this programme are to:
- Equip students with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of financial legislation and regulations related to the financial planning industry in Malaysia;
- Prepare students to be competent financial planners capable of meeting the financial planning needs and goals of their clients;
- Strengthen the interpersonal skills of students to enable them to develop and maintain successful client relationships with existing and potential clients;
- Improve students' competencies and skills in management, marketing, accounting, and finance;
- Develop students' quantitative and analytical skills to enable them to address complex financial situations;
- Expose students to hands-on applications of financial planning technology and tools.
** indicates that these programmes will be offered soon
This programme is designed, delivered, assessed and awarded by SEGi University through the SEGiUniDigital Platform.
i. Bachelor’s Degree – in a related field with a min. CGPA of 2.75 or its equivalent
ii. Bachelor’s Degree – in a related field with a CGPA of 2.50 to 2.75 or its equivalent can be accepted, subject to a min. 5 years of working experience in the relevant field.
iii. IELTS 6.5 is required if the applicant's prior education was not delivered in English
- FIN6713 Advanced Financial Planning
- FIN6103 Risk Management & Insurance Planning
- FIN6063 Accounting for Managers
- FIN6123 Financial & Investment Planning
- FIN6133 Retirement & Estate Planning
- ACC6513 Taxation
- MGT6303 Strategic Management
- MFN6023 Corporate Finance
- MGT6434 Research Methodology in Financial Planning
- Master’s Project
- Elective I
- Elective II
Master of Financial Planning (MFP) is a specialisation programme that focuses on the various aspects of financial planning. An MFP degree can help you launch a progressive career in the business domain and increase your brand value before potential recruiters.